Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Very Cool Parasol!

I just thought that I would tell everyone out there in cyberspace the wonders of the parasol! I lean in the gothic direction, so standing out in a crowd doesn't really faze me much. I tend to enjoy staying up late and sleeping in, avoiding direct sunlight most of the time. The main reasons for my disdain of sunlight is:

A) it gets freaking hot! When most of your wardrobe is black...it can be down right dreadful in the summer!
B) I spent a lot of money on my tattoos, I love them, and I don't want them to fade! My husband even knows that when we go out to cover my exposed tattoos with his arms/body (in a natural, I am walking with my love kinda way).
C) I hate tan lines...in fact, I hate tans! I dont like the way they look, but that is just personal preference!

I decided to get a parasol because the two labs that I frequent the most on campus are like a 25 minute walk from each other. I would arrive at one lab dripping in sweat, out of breath, and exhausted because of the heat. I couldn't make the sun go away...so I had to take the shade with me! I am not to fond of hats, so I decided to get a custom parasol made to combat my problem. i did some research in some back issues of Gothic Beauty Magazine and found a parasol maker that I liked and had good write ups. I chose Sara's Parasols to do my custom parasol! It took a while to work out all of the details, but once I found the perfect fabric (black, white and red plaid!) the work began. All in all I got a plaid parasol with a solarweave lining (to block UV rays) with a black braid trim (I am not a lacy kind of gal) and a black handle for 90 bucks. Let me tell you, this week it has been worth every penny! It is still hot, but I am not exhausted and dripping when I walk across campus! If anyone is looking for wonderful customer service (I don't know how many times George and I corresponded) and a great product, look no further! The only thing I think I might change is the removable clasp to keep the parasol closed would have a metal snap instead of Velcro...but that is easy enough to fix!

Thanks for reading and keep out of the sun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Faze, not phase. The dictionary is your friend.

Fuzzy Izmit said...

Thanks! Some times things like that slip by me. It is especially hard since I am dyslexic. I was also taking physics at the time... so maybe that is why I didnt catch it!

Feel Free To Search!

Google