Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

Cool Music: Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip

I have been listening to Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip for a month or so after my husband turned me on to them after hearing one song on NPR (that will tell you how hip we are :P ). I liked them when I first heard the song my husband found, but for some reason it took a while for me to actually research them a little bit. I have totally fallen in love with them! Their lyrics are awesome, as deep and complex as another great rapper, Eminem (to give you an idea of how difficult Eminem's lyrics and phrasing is, even Weird Al commented on the complexity while creating his infamous parody). The difference from Eminem and other rappers, Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip rap are smart and intellectual, and have nothing to do with what 99% of rappers rap about. This is what rap should be: deep, thought invoking and beat driven. To make it even better, the vocalist has a British accent... which is something that is rare in rap etc. Take a listen!





Oh, and here they are on X-Factor!

No comments:

Feel Free To Search!

Google