Welcome to Fuzzy Izmit’s First Ever Etsy Scavenger Hunt!
This idea for a contest actually came to me in the shower, but I hope it isn’t a wash… yeah, I know, that was horrible! But I assure you this contest will be fun! I want to release the rules first so that everyone is on the same page and can ask questions if they need too before I release the clue list. Feel free to ask your questions in the comment section of this blog entry. I am also going to give you an example. I hope to have the list created and published on my blog by next Saturday.
This is a scavenger hunt for items on Etsy.com. Only items for sale on Etsy are valid to use. You cannot use items from your own shop if you have a shop. When the list is released, your entry needs to be posted as a comment on that blog entry with contact information (i.e. email address). Each item can only be used once. The first person to give a complete list will win $10.00 off any item(s) from my etsy shop (coupon does not cover shipping charges).
Example List (This is much simpler than the actual list will be):
- Something Purple
- Something Green
The color of the fabric is purple
A photograph of a green statue
Here are some things to avoid (i.e. they will get you disqualified).
- Bad or no contact information
- Links that do not work
- Incomplete list
- Missing/Incomplete/Shaky/Offensive/Adult descriptions. Adult themed items are okay to link, but make sure the descriptions are family friendly
- Using items from your own shop or items that are not on Etsy.com
- An item can only used once
- The clue must relate to the item in the listing, not the background, seller etc.