Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

First Test of Plastic Bag Yarn!

I thought it would be cool to try and make some grocery bag yarn. I try to recycle when I can, and this seems a great way to do it! Make grocery bags etc out of old plastic grocery bags is the perfect way to do that! This is my first test swatch. I think I need a slightly larger hook, but I think it turned out rather well! It seem very durable. I think I am going to make it into a wine bottle cozie/carrier thing. It would be a great thing to give with a bottle of wine for a home warming gift or something like that! So, not only is this an experiment, it is also a WIP!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

I've been wanting to try that too. your swatch looks great

ThreadBeaur said...

Great idea!. I voted for your blog on bloggers choice. Best blog about stuff!

Feel Free To Search!

Google