Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Excuses Excuses

I just wanted to tell everyone out there in cyber land why I haven’t been posting all that much lately. The reason for that is like 17^6 fold.

First off I am trying to finish my master’s degree in zoology. It has been quite the bumpy ride, and I don’t expect anything less for the finish. I am spending long hours in the lab trying to finish up my research while trying desperately to write my thesis up at the same time. Let me just say, my experience with my master’s degree has not inspired me to (at least any time soon) pursue any other higher degrees. While it would be nice to be called Doctor, I don’t need that to feel fulfilled in life. I am, in fact, writing this blog entry as I am sectioning with a microtome in the basement of a drab looking university building on the weekend. I would love to be home with my husband right now in my pj’s watching a movie and eating junk, but I can’t. I have to be sequestered away from the world in a windowless hole so I can finish, maybe on time.

Secondly, I have been trying to find a job, so that once I get said degree, I can be gainfully employed. About once every two weeks for the past two months (really long than that) I have sat down and devoted hours to searching up good jobs in my field. I will let you know, that gets old really quick. There aren’t many widely publicized positions for microscopists. I have, how ever, found a few places interested in me. That leads me to my third reason…

Thirdly, I have found a job! I am currently waiting for them to send me my official offer letter (UPS tracking is useless). I have had two offers, but I waiting for the second one to come in to make my actual final decision. This job will be awesome, and a welcome change in both venue and revenue! Since the job is in another state, my husband and I have been spending long hours contemplating where to live, how to get there, and in what order to do things. I even worry about how to safely and sanely transport my kitties for the long move. Well, longer than I have ever moved with pets before. This also takes a large chunk of time, neither of which either of us have much of. I, of course, have to focus on school while my husbands is starting this week to work extra long hours as his work. A coworker of his is going in for surgery and he has to train his replacement and take over her job. Fun. Oh, and guess what. This coworkers is scheduled to come back to work the same day I am scheduled to start my new job!

I have been contemplating putting my etsy shop on vacation mode so I don’t have to worry about that. I was thinking of having a “Moving Sale” but I don’t have time to devote to the higher possible work load that might generate. Oh, I also had my first canceled sale today. That was great pick me up.

So, there you have it. I have been extremely busy and it wont stop any time soon. I wish I could keep up with everything, but it takes too much time and, even worse, it distracts me from what I really need to be doing right now.

No comments:

Feel Free To Search!

Google