Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Great Balls of Fire part 2




I don't think I am going to make it by midnight...but I am trying! I am like a kid.. "One more row, mom!" Anyway, here is my progress up to now. I am trying to blend the colors as much as I can, but I am not exactly fully satisfied with the selection of colors I have. As you can see, the bright yellow and orange are not mirrored like the others (note: the white beads shown are not the same size as the ones I used for my fire ball, but are the same color). I don't know why, but those just don't seem to exist in mirrored form...so I tried translucent. I am not sure if I like it, but I am going with it now! I didn't like the way the solid ones looked...for some reason reds have a nice range, but no ones likes yellows or oranges! I also have added another row on top of the one around the parameter of the cabochon because it started to come off the backing. I also (before I added that row) reglued it with some good old super glue, which seems to be holding very nicely. I guess because my cabochon is so big and heavy, the other glue just couldn't cut it. It doesn't seem to be a problem with the rest of my cabochons (which are much smaller), but I haven't worked with them a lot yet. Maybe heavy handling is a problem?
I will try to update some time in the middle of the week!

No comments:

Feel Free To Search!

Google