Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Product Review: Honey and Propolis Travel Size Deodorant from Sugar Lips

Well, here goes the first in a long list of product reviews. I am overjoyed to bring you Honey and Propolis Travel Size Deodorant from Sugar Lips.


My new deodorant appeared on my doorstep dressed spartan bubble mailer delivered through USPS. Inside there was my new deodorant and a business card. The travel size is only 0.5 ounces, but you wouldnt imagine how small it is from the smell. As I opened the top, I was hit by the intense sweet honey smell. It was such a heavenly smell...I just had to put it on immediately! The product itself can be ordered in a plethora of scents. I didnt want anything to floral or smell like a walking cake shop, just cause I am not that kind of gal. There are also several unisex and male scents which I wouldnt mind trying some day as well. As for the honey and propolis, it smelled exactly like a bubble bath that I got as a kid that I loved so dearly, I kept the bottle in my bedroom and only used it on special occasion. I have to admit that I have no idea how propolis smells, or even what it looks like. I have never found any commercially available with a scent like this, so powerful yet so delicious. The deodorant is also vegan, but thats not why I bought it. I have heard a lot of good endorsements from other happy customers on Etsy so I figured I would try it. I have worn it now for at least 6 hours, and I still catch sweet wafts of honey. So far I havent had any problem with sweating, but I worry that that is where Sugar Lips may not work so well for me. I have a particular problem where my body will go into "super sweat" mode for about a half an hour. I have no idea what triggers it, and commercial products havent really helped this. I hope that Sugar Lips Deodorant will be able to stand up to my periodic sweating episodes, but I will keep you posted. So far, I am as dry as a bone and smelling wonderful! I have heard that this product is very gentle on your skin, so I hope to see those effects with prolonged use as well.

Overall: I love the smell. Very pungent, but not overpowering (it may help that I have good memories of this smell...). It is a bit more expensive, as a whole stick is $8.75 for 3 ounces but I think it might be worth it for the unique scents. I hope that this product can stand up to long term use, so we shall see!

No comments:

Feel Free To Search!

Google