Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

I love Halloween!

I had to share all the lovely Halloween stuff I have been accumulating all month. First off, if you haven't gone to your local Target store and checked out their Halloween stuff, you should. They have the best displays and candies I have ever seen...though this year I have yet to see any gummy dissection kits :(
Target is also the only place I have found that carries the rare and wonderful Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses. I found them last year and by the time I found they were the equivalent of candy crack... our local Target had sold out. You should go out and buy as many bags as you can afford now. You will not be sorry. I promise.
Last year I picked up a great skull cookie jar to go with my eyeball salt and pepper shakers and brain bowl. I am determined to have a 'mad scientist' themed kitchen... but I digress. This year I picked up some great metal skeletal hands serving forks. They are just great fun to play with! (I the shirt in the picture was also bought at Target... along with a dozen or so other Halloween themed T-shirts).


There was also this awesome black/silver fiberglass skull pot thing. We couldnt quite figure out exactly what it was supposed to be... you couldn't put candy in it without fear of little kids falling in (plus it would take a metric ton of candy to fill it) and it didnt have any drainage for potted plants. We drilled said holes, and now it is a planter waiting for spring to be filled with photosynthesizing organisms.


Not pictured, I also picked up a pair of knit gloves with skeletal fingers printed on them for a buck. Working in a medical building... I get a lot of complements! A glowing skull to hang from our balcony, bloody hand prints for the sliding glass door and a skeleton cling for my back seat of my car also been making their appearances for the first time this year. I have also gotten a plethroa of Halloween themed socks just for fun too.

I have also been working on a Halloween wreath, complete with hand painted skull, black and purple flowers, sparkles and black feather boas. It looks pretty darn kick-arse if you ask me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am in love with your cookie jar...and I also love the planter idea and the wreath! };D

Lonesome Road Studio said...

A couple of years ago I got a Day of the Dead figure from Target; they had a lot of the items that particular year, I thought that was pretty cool too.

Feel Free To Search!

Google